MBRA's mission is to promote amateur bicycle racing in Michigan.
1. Coordinate and establish a balanced race calendar with minimal overlap between events.
2. Encourage clubs in close geographical proximity to work together to host full weekends of events, rather than weekends made up of single races in different locales
3. Continue to support a points series that will recognize the best riders from each category in the disciplines of road and cyclocross, as well as the best all around Club in road racing events
4. Develop a standardized category system to facilitate points series
5. Encourage promoters to provide races that meet the category specific USAC time or distance requirements for rider upgrades
6. Provide for effective communications between racers, clubs and promoters by encouraging a spirit of cooperation and volunteerism
7. Serve as a unified body that will best represent amateur Michigan bicycle racers in discussions, regarding their needs and desires, with their governing bodies
8. Create a supportive network and environment that enables race organizers to exchange ideas and support each other.